Blog Archive

Monday, November 26, 2012

BFA "Bring Ya Lunch" ART TEST #2

11/26/12
Splatter Test #2

      Moving forward from the failure that was the first test, I realized that the wooden surface wasn't going to absorb the ink in the manner I wanted it too. I decided to stretch canvas across the plywood. I didn't prime the canvas for this test because I thought it would prevent the ink from adhering to the canvas. I sprayed clear gloss on the areas i didn't want the ink to adhere to. A few of my classmates and I threw water balloon filled with ink in the same manner as the first splatter test. I still need to figure out the best solution of water and ink. I might even try adding certain adhesives into the mix if possible.
      This test had a better outcome than the first test. The ink adhered to the canvas much better than it did the wooden surface. The clear gloss spray didn't really prevent the ink from adhering to the surfaces it was applied to. The colors are much more evident in this test, so going forward canvas appears to be the way to go. I just need to experiment with different forms of resist (more clear gloss with a longer dry time, decal sticker which will work very much like a stencil) I might also experiment with priming half the surface to see if it helps with the ink adhering to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment