Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

BYOL Bunny Logo

BYOL "Bring Ya Own Lunch"
Brand spanking new logo(s),
being used for business card and/or sticker design

Monday, November 26, 2012

BFA "Bring Ya Lunch" ART TEST #2

Splatter Test #2

      Moving forward from the failure that was the first test, I realized that the wooden surface wasn't going to absorb the ink in the manner I wanted it too. I decided to stretch canvas across the plywood. I didn't prime the canvas for this test because I thought it would prevent the ink from adhering to the canvas. I sprayed clear gloss on the areas i didn't want the ink to adhere to. A few of my classmates and I threw water balloon filled with ink in the same manner as the first splatter test. I still need to figure out the best solution of water and ink. I might even try adding certain adhesives into the mix if possible.
      This test had a better outcome than the first test. The ink adhered to the canvas much better than it did the wooden surface. The clear gloss spray didn't really prevent the ink from adhering to the surfaces it was applied to. The colors are much more evident in this test, so going forward canvas appears to be the way to go. I just need to experiment with different forms of resist (more clear gloss with a longer dry time, decal sticker which will work very much like a stencil) I might also experiment with priming half the surface to see if it helps with the ink adhering to the surface.

BFA "Bring Ya Lunch" ART TEST #1

Splatter Piece Test #1
       I've been trying to achieve a desired splatter effect, where the ink doesn't adhere to certain surfaces of the piece. Imagine a how a stencil works, but instead of spray paint and a stencil the effect will be achieve though ink being thrown and applied to the surface through various techniques (water balloons, maybe water guns) and will only stick to certain surfaces. This should eventually reveal the desired design.
         First I filled balloons with 3 droplets of colored ink and filled them with water for about one second. I created about 10-15 different colored balloons. I primed the wooden surface with white primer and sectioned off certain areas to see if certain resist techniques ( tape, duck tape, and clear gloss) The clear gloss techniques did work fairly well, but the ink didn't adhere in the desired manner. It was just too fate in color. Multiple colors were applied via throwing water balloon at the surface, and only a faint yellow orange color remained.